Jane’s Cheesy Fish Pie
1 heaped tbs cornflour
75-100g grated cheese (mature)
Salt & pepper
200g White fish
3 or 4 mashing Potatoes
Knob margarine or butter
- Make a basic, but slightly thick white sauce. Stir in grated cheese.
- Add fish to sauce and stir well. Chris cooks the fish in the sauce instead of oven baking later.
- Cook potatoes till soft and make a firm mash with a little margarine or butter
- Pour fish and cheese sauce into an ovenproof dish.
- Top with mashed potato, sealing edges.
- Cook in oven 170 degrees C/Gas 5 for 35 – 40 minutes till beginning to brown on top. Chris just grates cheese on top and grills the pie for 5 mins to brown the mash.