Cue detailed internet search, which finally hit gold when I found http://www.issuu.com. It is the equivalent of You Tube, but for publishers of books, magazines and catalogues.
- You design your document in Word or as a PDF
- Upload the document to Issuu
- They convert it and store the document online
- You can make the document public or privat
- Embed the document to your site, blog and Facebook
- You can e-mail a link to contacts
- Specify whether visitors can download a PDF or not.
I prepared the photobook above that evening to test out the system and was impressed!
Below is a book version of the brochure I made for the German delegation mentioned in an earlier blog article.
If you have or are preparing a new brochure, book or catalogue - consider creating a Issuu version. Registration for the basic service is free - check it out at http://www.issuu.com.